About this Blog:

My absolute favorite thing to do is get great deals 1)Using Coupons 2) Shopping clearance racks/bins/carts. I started this blog to share with family and friends deals that I find specifically in our area (Pleasant Grove, Lindon, American Fork, North Orem). Let's face it there are a lot of coupon blogs/websites out there and I intend to give full credit to any deals that I find on other sites.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Meal Planning & Couponing

Meal planning is essential when trying to save money on groceries. I typically plan my meals once a week. I usually plan the amount of meals needed, but not which day I will make what. I decide on something each day depending on what sounds good and how much cooking I want to do that day.
Here are the steps I use in meal planning (This system works for me, find what works best for you):

1-Decide on a meal for each day (I keep a list of meals in my daytimer and pick from that)
2-Figure out what I already have on hand for those meals
3-Make a list of what I need to get
4-Clip any coupons I will need for those meals

The most important thing when it comes to meal planning is to be FLEXIBLE. Sometimes I have my entire meal plan done and then I'll find some great marked down meat, or a great deal with a coupon. For me personally, it's also important to remember that every meal doesn't have to be amazing. The most important thing is that there is a plan in place. It's also a great idea to have a frozen pizza or frozen meal on hand at all times for those days that you don't feel like cooking. Another money/time saver is usually during the fall/winter, we have a soup and grilled cheese night every week. This summer we have been having salads once a week.

Happy Meal Planning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment